Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Too many people on the bus. I need to breathe!

The bus that takes me home is more like a pack of sardines. Everything's just too close. The people I mean. Three to a seat is one thing but four to a seat? FOUR?!?! Oh no! We need another bus. My school needs to come up with a better solution than what they already have because it's too many people. Can I get some breathing room? Please?! I mean good Lord! They see how congested the bus is everyday and because of that that's why they should get two buses to make sure everyone has a ride   home.

It's so many people on that bus that some students have to sit on the floor. On the nasty, putrid, dusty and sickening floor. Who knows what someone has stepped in and now you have to sit in it. That's not right. That's not right at all. The bus driver himself  should at least have the decorum to say " hey, these students are always squished against each other and having to sit on the floor. Why don't I go talk to someone about getting another bus to take these kids home". They should have the decency to say something along the lines of that, considering they see what we go through. But they don't, because they don't know what's it's like to be too close to someone.

They don't know what's it's like to be pressed up against someone you don't know. Someone who smells so bad it burns your nose hairs off. Someone who's so sweaty that you could probably fill two buckets worth of sweat. Nobody wants that on them. Lord forbid someone being sick and coughing up a world of germs. For you to have to be scrunched three or four to a seat with them wouldn't be so thrilling. I'm getting appalled just thinking about it. I don't even get to take my instrument home to practice like I'd want , because my bus is so populous. It would just make it worse if I decided to to bring it because I'd have to hold my back pack in my lap. I have too much stuff in my back pack to just take a seat with it still attached on my back. It's simply too much. I'm lucky if I get to take my clothes home to wash that I practiced in on mornings before school.

I literally have to sprint to the band hall after fourth period, get my instrument, sprint again out the doors and to the bus. By the time I do all of this, the bus is already filled with students. I have to run down hallways while nearly falling on my face just so I can have a seat on a bus. This is comparatively nerve-racking. Students shouldn't have to suffer because the adult can't speak up. We requisite another bus, and we need one now.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand you Chloe, since we ride the same bus! It's always crowded. I like the way you start off your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! I totally understand the situation. Especially when it's hot and people are sweaty...

    ReplyDelete